At Children's Medical Associates, LLC we try to keep your wait time to a minimum and ask that you arrive a few minutes earlier than your scheduled appointment time so that we can get you in, and out, on time. To help achieve this, here are a few things you can do:
- All patients under 18 yrs of age, should be accompanied by a parent/guardian for each visit;
- Have your insurance card ready to show us at the front desk upon arrival;
- If you have a change in your insurance coverage, please arrive 20 minutes before your scheduled appointment so we can verify your benefits;
- If you are a new patient, please arrive 20 minutes before your scheduled appointment with all of your child's past paperwork (lab test results, immunization records etc. - if applicable) to complete our new patient process;
- No more than 3 siblings should be scheduled consecutively for physicals/well visits;
- Per your insurance policy, you are required to pay your office visit co-pay at the time of service. If you have a deductible that has not been met at the time of the visit, you will be asked to pay for your visit prior to being seen. These charges are not billable to your insurance plan and you are fully responsible for payment.
- If you owe a balance, you will be contacted by our billing department to pay that balance in full. Patients with commercial insurance are required to keep a valid credit card on file for such balances. The only exception here will be given to those who prefer not to leave credit/debit card information on file and pay in full for their visit prior to being seen. The portion of the visit that is paid by your insurance company, will be reimbursed to you only after we have received that payment. If a credit card is left on file and after trying to contact you, we are unable to process a balance because your card is declined, there will be an additional fee.
We do NOT accept walk-in appointments. No exceptions!
(Siblings of scheduled patients will be considered walk-ins if they do not have an appointment)
2. Canceling Your Appointment
We understand that in life, things happen unexpectedly that may prevent you from keeping your child's scheduled appointment. Many other offices require you to cancel an appointment 24 hours in advance, but we understand that things can happen the day of your appointment:
- We accept calls to cancel, up to 4 hours prior to the time of your scheduled appointment. You will NOT be charged the No Show/Missed Appointment fee if we receive your call by then.
3. No Show/Missed Appointments
Appointments are given with an allotted time slot for each patient based on their needs for each visit. If we are not notified that you will be unable to make your appointment, we continue to hold your time slot, which could be given to another child in need.
- You are considered a No Show/Missed Appointment if you:
- Do not call to notify us that you will not be able to make your appointment at least 4 hours prior to your scheduled time.
- - Note that there will be a $30 No Show/Missed Appointment Fee charged
- Are more than 15 minutes late for your scheduled appointment - Note that if the schedule permits and you still wish to be seen, this is possible after you pay the $30 fee (for established patients) and a $40 fee (for new patients) for your missed appointment.
(The charges above have been lowered from $75.00 under previous management. At CMA, like every other practice, we still need to cover our expenses for each time slot that your child has missed.)
4. Additional Paperwork
- If you have paperwork that needs to be completed for your child's school (sports physicals etc.), it should be brought in at the time of the visit so that we can complete as we get the results. There is a $15.00 charge to compensate for the additional time it will require.
- For any other paperwork that needs to be completed, there may be a $15-$25 charge depending on complexity.
5. Non-Covered Services
There are certain services that your insurance company will not cover and as a result you will be financially responsible for payment in full. These include but are not limited to motor vehicle accidents.
6. Medical Records
If the parent or legal guardian would like to request their own copy of the patient's complete medical records, it will be given to them via an encrypted CD and the fees are as follows:
- $25 - If form of retrieval is ONLY Electronic
- $35 - If form of retrieval is Electronic and/or Paper Records
7. Prescription Refills
CMA requires 48 hours for prescription refills.
8. Forms of Payment
We accept the following forms of payment:
- All forms of Debit & Credit Cards (except for Discover & American Express)
- Money Orders
Note that if you leave a credit card on file with us and you owe a balance, if that credit card is declined, there will be a $35 fee added to your balance.
9. Emergencies and After Hours Care
- If your child is experiencing a life-threatening emergency, please call 911 immediately!
- If you need advice or have a question that can be answered by a nurse, there are free nurse advice lines provided by insurance companies you may call, including:
- Amerigroup: 1-800-600-4441
- Wellcare: 1-800-919-8807
- Wellstar Urgent Care Line: 770-333-1300
- If your child needs urgent care after our business hours, please call our office and you will be connected to our answering service.